I got nominated for a Liebster Award!
I’ll be honest, before this I’d seen the term float around but I never knew what it was.
First of all I want to thank Kristin Stoker for nominating me. To see her blog-post that includes my nomination click here.
What is the Liebster Award?
The following text, I’ve copied from Kristen’s page:
“The Liebster Award is an award that gives bloggers the power to recognize and nominate other blogs to gain exposure and increase blog traffic. Nominations are given all year, starting in January, and a winner is declared in December. This is an opportunity for bloggers to support one another as well as a chance for bloggers to gain recognition and a shout-out for their amazing content and hard work!”
– Link to the following post in your post: https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
– Answer the questions given to you
– Add questions for your nominees to answer
– Comment on this post with a link to your Liebster Award post
– Entries start January 1st and end December 25th 2018. The winner will be picked on December 31st.
– Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
– Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
– Give 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations. I choose to nominate as many people as I want. I want to grant my nominees this freedom, too.
– Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Questions for Me
If your life was made into a movie, what five songs would be HAVE to be included in the soundtrack?
This is such a great question!
‘Skyscraper’ by Demi Lovato would have to be in there. It was a song that made me cry so much the first time I heard it. This was during my depression and the song just described so well my emotions and hopes.
‘Warrior’ by Demi Lovato would also have to be in there. It is such a powerful song about overcoming your own problems and staying strong.
‘London’ by She & Him. I go to London at least once each year so this song would have to be played for that scene.
‘Figure Me Out’ by The Summer Set. This is just such a great song that I really relate to. It’s about finding yourself and how that’s okay. And the rhythm reminds me of the fact that finding yourself can actually be fun and adventurous.
‘Follow Your Arrow’ by Kacey Musgraves. I love the message of this song. There’s always going to be people that don’t agree with what you do. As long as you follow your own path you’re good. Don’t worry about what people think. Definitely my philosophy in life (always has been).
If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?
Wow this is a difficult question. I guess a book, because I’m always reading books and I just love the feel of them. Or a plant maybe, who knows.
What have you always told yourself you could never do?
Stand on my head. Hopefully, if I practice a lot, I will be able to do it one day.
Where are you going next?
Hopefully, Thailand and Bali.
What “signature dish” are you really good at cooking?
Haha, a lot of things. Lately I’ve been great at cooking my favorite quinoa dish with hazelnuts, quinoa and tahini sauce.
Who do you consider to be a hero, and why?
I consider anyone that works hard for their own happiness a hero. From experience, I know that working through mental health issues is one of the hardest things to do, ever. And anyone that’s still fighting is a hero to me.
If you were forced to do some form of physical exercise for 30 minutes every day, which would you choose?
I already do 30 minutes of exercise every day. Yoga!
When you close your eyes and imagine your happy place, what does it look like?
A place of my own with my stuff where I can diffuse my oils, listen to music, read, do yoga and just get centered.
What is your favorite part of this very moment, right now?
I love the positivity of writing this piece and knowing that every time someone gets nominated they feel a little appreciation for their hard work on their blogs.
When (if ever) have you experienced the feeling of being “one with nature?” Where were you?
I remember feeling this way when I was in Costa Rica (years ago). The nature there was so magnificent and I felt so at peace, so humbled, by where I was and the beauty of nature.
If our bodies radiated a color with every emotion (i.e. radiating red with anger), what color would be your “auto-pilot” or “normal” setting, and what emotion or state of mind would match it?
I’d say green. Green has always been my favorite color and it just expresses a certain calmness to me. A lively color but not chaotic. It’s a peaceful color.
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I have too many books to fit in by bookcase.
2. I really want to travel a lot more. I want to see places and learn from the people I meet.
3. I am vegan (if you didn’t get that from the title of this blog).
4. I’m currently obsessed with re-watching Dharma and Greg, over and over again.
5. Right now I’m working on obtaining by Bachelor’s degree (just one, big-ass research paper to go).
6. I’ve always wanted a tattoo but never had the guts to get one.
7. I have one sister.
8. For years I’ve been trying to convince my parents to get a dog but they still haven’t :(.
9. My favorite crystals are Malachite, Blue Chalcedony, Amazonite and Fluorite.
10. I cannot stand the feel of peppermint, it makes my entire mouth tingle.
11. I wear glasses/contacts.
So who are my nominees for the Liebster Award? I’ve nominated fewer people because these are the people that I know that deserve it most, in my opinion.
Questions for my Nominees
1. If you could be living in a different time period (like the Victorian era, the 70s etc.) what would best fit you?
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
3. What is a country that’s still on your bucketlist, and why?
4. What’s the last book you’ve read?
5. What’s one of your all-time favorite movies?
6. What’s your favorite way to wind down (yoga, meditation, sleep etc.)?
7. What’s the last picture of yourself you’ve taken? (paste here)
8. Do you feel like your age, older or younger?
9. What song are you listening to right now?
10. Had you heard of the Liebster Award before I nominated you?
11. What’s some life advice you want to give anyone out there that’s reading this?